- Instructor: Suburban College
- Duration: 24 months
- Eligibility: 10th – Pass / Fail, 12th any stream
- Mode: Online & Offline available
Due to the sharp hike in population, increase in the number of hospitals, and heavy investments in the healthcare sector, the need for professional and well-trained dialysis technicians is on rise.
SCOPE’s diploma course in dialysis technology helps you become a professional dialysis technician who is well-trained to assist dialysis specialists in dialysis therapies and procedures. Our students learn with the most advanced techniques and equipment which are in accordance to the international standards.
Dialysis Technicians are responsible for assembling and maintaining dialysis machines, monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment, and maintaining the highest safety and cleanliness standards when operating the machines. This course is designed to build well-informed and duly trained dialysis technicians for working efficiently in hospitals, medical clinics & dialysis centers.
Diploma in Dialysis Techniques is a higher level skill-based course in the area of Dialysis techniques. Students can enhance their knowledge base and skills in the respective domain by going for higher-level diploma certification.
A diploma-level course in Dialysis Technique equips students with that skill set that is demanded of a Dialysis technician who can take up the responsibility in the domain with effective ease.
- Equipment setup including cleaning and sterilizing dialysis machine
- Understanding safety precautions
- Preparing patient physically for dialysis and explain the procedure
- Measuring patient’s vital signs before, during, and after dialysis
- Administration of treatment to patients with kidney failure or chronic kidney disease using venipuncture
- Monitoring patients, checking blood pressure, and obtaining pertinent health information
- Handling stressful reactions from dealing with individuals who have chronic or end-state kidney issues daily
Dialysis technician job opportunities are growing as the population is aging and more people require dialysis, hence the role of a dialysis technician is crucial in the paramedical industry. The Dialysis technician can go off to working in private, government and corporate hospitals, nursing homes, nephrologist’s clinics, and diagnostic centers after this course. There is a dearth of skilled and qualified Dialysis Technicians in the country. However, this dearth also means the opportunities are many and the chances of getting employed are also high.